Saturday, June 23, 2007

East Coast Pants Party

Photo courtesy of metschick. She's everybody's favorite.


Something I don't usually do is mention being a Deadspin commenter. It has nothing to do with being ashamed or inherently jealous that someone gets paid to do that job. The site is great and everyone knows that. I do take a bit of pride in showing off my rapist wit on the world's grandest stage (read: the interwebnets). Yesterday, I had the pleasure of doing that in the flesh with a wonderful group of like-minded individuals. A fantastic time was had by all. There was much cavorting and capering (read: drunk time) and the internet world of ours got a bit smaller and friendlier for a few hours.

To those involved: thanks for a wonderful night. To those uninvolved: where the fuck were you, anyway? I mean, damn.

For a slightly more harrowing tale of debauchery, the end of the night is described on an alternate and not often updated blog I operate simultaneous to the fifteen projects I have my hand in. Read it at your own peril. Enjoy it... I did, apparently.

The photo at the top is one of your fearless and feckless leaders: Businessorleisure and Phony Gwynn. Indeed, we are charming and beautiful men-- tall drinks of water, both. I don't remember exactly when this picture was taken, but it was awesome nonetheless. Need a clue as to who is who? Hint: I'm drunk in the photo.

In any event, last night was awesome and I was honored to be around such smart, funny and ultimately friendly people--especially my partner-in-crime who is probably pissed that I beat him to this post. Sometimes, and this isn't all that often, everything feels perfectly in place. Last night was one of those times, friends.

Now back to the irregularly scheduled, oft unread sports a-bloggins.

8 comments:

Phony Gwynn said...

I couldn't have said it any better myself.

becky said...

I'm still waiting to hear how "meeting the parents hungover" went, and if anyone got naked.

Jeff Laughlin said...

I got naked, but I was by myself, and I never sleep with clothes on. All you had to do was call.

I have pretty outstanding teeth, you guys. No shit.

DougOLis said...

analrapist wit?

becky said...

I know...
I know I should have called...
but I always get scared when things get too intense...
why do I always get so scared....

Phony Gwynn said...

The meeting of the parents was fine. They're Irish, so we had some hair of the dog, giant cheeseburgers, and stories about hurricanes.

It was a home run.

Anonymous said...

hey BorL, it was fun sitting next to you at the game. you are LOUD. and i'm pretty sure you stole my fox news banner.

Sarah said...

Solid evening fellas.